Monday, February 10, 2014


                         
                                                                DIS/TRESSES
   
     Recently, a friend of mine got hair extensions because she said, “I have no sides.” 
I asked her, “What do you mean, you have no sides?” She explained that the sides of her hair had thinned to the point that she was feeling self-conscious. I asked her what caused that, and she said pregnancies, hormones, age. She’s 40. wtf

     Since that conversation, I have obsessively examined my sides. Every time I see a few hairs on the rug, I fear I am going bald. Today I noticed that I have see-through-sides. My hair is like plantation shades hung sideways--several slices of light come right through my coiffe. omg. I can’t afford extensions, so using my ingenious creative juices, I came up with the instant fix: the COMBOVER. Yup. That’s what I did. I parted those puppies on the other side, pulled the hair over, and voilà--instant tresses.

     Now, granted, I still have to tilt my head a little so the hair looks even on both sides, but other than going off the road a few times, it seems to be working.