Thursday, June 19, 2014


     I’ve never been able to figure out why, when someone runs into me, I am the one to apologize. I am just standing there minding my own business, and some moron practically knocks me over. Instead of the moron apologizing to me, I jump right in and say, “Oh, excuse me.” What? Why am I the one apologizing. It’s an automatic polite relfex originating from my FOO (Family of Origin). The killer is the response I always hear, “Oh, you’re fine.” wtf. I’m fine? No, I’m not fine, idiot. You almost knocked me over. 

     In the old days, we were taught to say, “Excuse me” when we were at fault. The real old people said, “I beg your pardon.” That must have come from the French expression, “Je vous en prie,” which literally translates, “I beg it of you.” That expression now means “You’re welcome.” What?

     Well, when you run into me, do not tell me I am fine. I’m not. Worse than that, some people even say, “No worries.” I have worries, so don’t tell me not to, and one of my worries is running into morons like you. TYVM.*

















*thankyouverymuch