Sunday, August 3, 2014


     It has been raining here for 83 hours, 41 minutes and 13 seconds. The forecast is grim. It looks like it will be another six to seven days before we see the sunhine. Mr. Wonderful calls it payback for the idyllic weather we’ve had for almost three months.I call it crap. Now I don’t need to be outside 24/7 like some people, but I do enjoy an occasional ray just so I know the Big Guy has a sense of humor. But for those of us down here sweltering in our cabins, this is not the least bit amusing.

     I have washed floors on my hands and knees, cleaned out the junk drawer four times, scoured the bathrooms numerous times and even read a book or two. Enough already. I want to run, frolic and fry on the beach. 

     Remember when we were kids, and we splashed in the puddles? Remember how we used to run through the sprinklers and not worry about getting our hair wet or holding in our tummies? Maybe it’s time. Maybe we need to ditch the umbrellas, feel the squish of the grass between our toes and let the rains drown our curls. How many 70-year-olds do this, after all? Double-dog dare me?