Thursday, August 14, 2014


                                                       One-liners Translated

Once upon a midnight dreary, as I pondered weak and weary,
I said, “Who the hell ponders at midnight?”

Abandon all hope, ye who enter a teen-ager’s room.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may. The deer are coming.

Call me Ishmael. I’m tired of “fatass.”

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It was payday.
Ralph Ellison, Author, The Invisible Man

I am an invisible man. Yeah, you and Mr. Wonderful. I should be so lucky.

Through the fence, between the curling flower spaces, I could see them hitting.
wtf?

The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. (from “Murphy,” by Samuel Beckett) Now there’s a line that really grabs yuh, huh?

Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show. (Charles Dickens, David Copperfield, 1850)
So if I write a book telling the world how I am the hero of my own life, does that mean people will read it for centuries? I can do this.

I’m bound between the walls. The walls of right and wrong.
A small and lonely shadow. Just where do I belong?
Written at age 13. Didn’t realize I’d become a doggerel diva at that young age:)