Friday, October 3, 2014

     I’m not sure why I find it difficult to understand why my creative juices have evaporated at 2:24 a.m. after two hours sleep. It’s not that anything had a chance to regenerate during my1.67 hours of slumber. The .52 coffee I consumed at 7:00 p.m. probably didn’t help, and Kashi’s Autumn Wheat dinner didn’t really do it for me either. But I must look on the bright side.

     When I turned on the TV, I got to listen to Susan Boyle singing on Good Morning America.(a rerun) She sang the same four monotonous notes into a microphone that was eight times bigger than her mouth, and she held up her arms the whole time like she was praising the Lord. If I held my arms up that long, they would have gone numb, and I would have to go for a deep tissue massage just to brush my teeth. Furthermore, if I sang into one of those magic mikes that make you sound like a rock coloratura, I’d be going on tour too.

     Then I discovered that the toilet seat is broken in our guest room (company coming for the first visit from out of town tonight). Anyone who would attempt to sit on it would find himself sliding right into the shower stall. Joy. That’ll be a first impression he’ll never forget.

     I have savored my favorite Cheerios and banana/peanut butter breakfast just for something to entertain myself. That took all of three minutes, so what do I do now?
I have done some of my best writing in the wee hours of the morning, but that was in 1974.

     Hoda and Kathy hosted some super intense shrink who spoke about Perfectionism. wtf. I could write volumes on that subject. We perfectionists are all well aware of our condition, and we don’t need some 30-something telling us how not to obsess over what we should’ve done. When she’s 50, let’s hear what she has to say about her neck and not getting her PhD. 

Hmm. Let me think about what’s on my TDL. It’s supposed to be a gorgeous sunny day. 

To Do List:
  1. clean
  2. set table
  3. clean
  4. buy new toilet seat
  5. clean
  6. take nap
  7. make salad
  8. clean
  9. take nap
  10. look online for magic mike
  11. hum four notes over and over
  12. take nap
  13. clean
  14. think about getting PhD
  15. take nap

     I will never drink coffee again.