Tuesday, November 18, 2014

     





     Every morning, I take my breakfast tray up to my “nest” and turn on the news. I have tried all different stations and have determined that I prefer hearing the horrific stories reported  by Robin Meade who at least smiles in between them and who laughs at the absurd human interest tales. 

     This morning’s news included the beheading of an American journalist, the impending race riot in Ferguson, Missouri, people stabbed to death in a synagogue in Jerusalem, and the frightening rise of terrorism over the past year. Now how’s that for starting your day? Mr. Wonderful says I shouldn’t watch the news at all. He prefers to read about it in the local paper. What’s the difference; it’s the same news.

     If you don’t read or watch the news, you are uninformed. If you do, you’re subject to anxiety and paranoia. Some choice.

     I am thinking seriously of starting my day with cartoons and saving the news for 6:00 with Brian Williams. At least, he’s cute, and he always closes his broadcast with an upbeat story of someone doing good somewhere. 


     The good news is, despite historic low temperatures and frost on the ferns, the sun is shining, and I can go back to bed. Here I come, pillow. Please send me some happy dreams.