Sunday, March 1, 2015

Laughing matters:  Week of February 22, 2015



In a climate where we have seen less than two hours of sun in the past 9 (count ‘em) nine days, one must really scrounge for reasons to laugh. Here are the few I discovered living in the SADD world of Mr. Wonderful:

  1. the look on his face at his first glance out the fogged-up window in the morning
  2. the look on his face when we sit down to dinner, and he asks me to pass the afghan
  3. the look on his face when he looks at hundreds of twigs he has to pick up after the wind has replaced all the ones he picked up the previous day
  4. the look on his face when the sun goes behind a cloud, and the wind picks up just as he starts washing the car
  5. the look on his face when he tries cutting into my cement pork chops
  6. the look on his face when he looks at the TV guide after dinner
  7. the look on his face when I tell him I forgot to pick up his shirts
  8. the look on his face when I ask him if he would like to go take an Alaskan cruise
  9. the look on his face when I remind him we have to meet with our CPA about our tax obligation
  10. the cut on his chin that he got shaving


Now none of these situations may sound laughable, and they aren’t. The scrunched up, mouth down, shoulders hunched reaction of my love to the above, though, is definitely laugh-worthy. We have to laugh, or we would never survive a climate where one day it’s 75, and the next day, they predict snow.