Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sometimes the most poignant lessons come from our own children and families. This one really got to me. Carly is the grand-daughter of my ex-husband's sister's husband (would you believe?) No matter. The message is clear. 


One of the greatest gifts that my parents have given me is perspective. Trying to see something through a different lens. Trying to put myself in someone else's shoes. Always having a plan B.

As a parent myself I have found it difficult some days to lift my daughters' spirits when they are sad or upset. I try to default to my go to slogan of " There is always something going right". They look at me like I am crazy because in their tiny world "Everything is not awesome Mom".

I have many friends and family waging uphill battles against disease, depression, financial burdens, aging parents that need care...you name it, as my Mom always says "We all have our pile, it's just how we manage it".
Well s--- shoveling is not always easy!!

This fresh perspective from my 27 year old cousin, Carly, serves as a fresh perspective for us all. 

Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Stand tall. Bend low. Fall down 7 times, stand up 8. Help where you can and ask for it when you need it. We are all as my friend Lava says " grinding for bogies"......

Sunday. A day of rest. Refocus your lens. 

The best is really yet to come❤️

Carly's story:

"It isn't the tumor that defines you, it's YOU and how YOU deal with the tumor that defines me. So the truth is, I don't know if I am going to make it through my school program. I don't know if I will be able to swallow or if I will lose my hair or if I will be able to have a baby. . . what I do know is that Nancy (the tumor) is just part of my life, and my life is pretty damned good, no tumor will ever change that. So for now, I will rock the never-ending needle pricks and constant unclear answers because God is good, and my future is bright."