Monday, June 29, 2015

     What I always loved about George Carlin’s humor was how he made us look at the world we think we know so well and see something totally different. He took a known and made us question it.
  1. Always do what's next.
       
2.  I’m in shape. Round is a shape.

3.  Think off-center.

4.  When someone asks you, “A penny for your thoughts,” and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?


5.  When someone is impatient and says, “I haven’t got all day,” I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?


6.  Women like silent men, they think they’re listening.


7.  The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life.



     The truths I have found from Carlin’s wise words are as follows;

Silent men aren’t listening; they are repeating a mantra in their heads that translates, “Shut up, bitch.”

I can only think off-center. My brain has no center.

Some people say the obvious and think they are providing some incredible insight like,
“If it rains, maybe we should eat inside.”

The day after tomorrow is too far ahead to think about. 

I’m in shape, and no one really gives a damn.

When someone is impatient, I know I’m related.

Always do whatever requires the least thought and skill.

     
R.I.P., George. You are missed!