Tuesday, June 23, 2015




                                              Who makes you feel like a million dollars?

     This is the topic of a speech I will deliver Thursday. Who makes you feel like a million dollars? Is it always the same person? Can it be a total stranger? What does or did the person do or say that made you feel that way? Do people walk away from you and feel special or valued? How does a person do that?

     I chose three people in my life who have consistently made me feel like a million dollars. Two are still living, and they are both younger than me. There are at least three things they all did that made me feel that way. Do you know what they are?

     The inspiration for this speech was a quote I found by Maya Angelou. She said, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." How do you make people feel?