Friday, July 31, 2015


                
                                                  “It’s Not All It’s Cracked Up To Be”
The word "craic" or "crack" is said to have derived from the Middle English word crak
which means "loud conversation, bragging talk." In some parts of the world, the term 
crack is used to mean "news" or "gossip," which led to the expression "What's the crack?" 

     As I sit musing over things I believe not to be what they’re “cracked up to be,” I have come up with the following list:

  1. Skinny
  2. Chubby
  3. Resilient 
  4. Energetic
  5. Tall
  6. Broke
  7. Approachable
  8. Sad
  9. Busy
  10. Humble


  1. I get more grief being thin than I did when I was trying to squeeze into my ski pants.
  2. When I was chubby, at least I wasn’t hungry.
  3. Resilience just means you can take more of peoples’ shit.
  4. Energetic means people ask more of you.
  5. Tall makes people think you’re mature.
  6. Broke sucks.
  7. Approachable means people dump their problems on you, and then they never speak to you again because you’ve got something on them.
  8. Sad sucks.
  9. Busy means your energy is being sucked out of you so your resilience can set you up for more people to demand shit.
10. Humble hardly exists in this society.

Now this all sounds negative, and I suppose you could interpret it that way. Au contraire, I guarantee there are a few of you reading this that have nodded “oh yeah,” to at least one of these. Notice however, that I did not include the following:

  1. laughter
  2. compassion
  3. fun
  4. Cosmos
  5. refund checks
  6. sex
  7. Sour Patch candy
  8. filet mignon
  9. applause
  10. winning the PCH check (Publishers Clearing House)



Just sayin’.