Wednesday, July 22, 2015

      Things I Learned at a Dinner Party


     As the oldest couple at a dinner party this evening, Mr. Wonderful and I came away with some interesting observations.

  1. We are old.
  2. We are still vital and fun and worthy of hanging out with people 10 years younger than us.
  3. Most people we know are considerably more wealthy than we are.
  4. It doesn’t matter.
  5. The older people are, the more authentic they are.
  6. People who have a lot of money don’t have to flaunt it, and often don’t.
  7. Pork roast is good.
  8. “Party cockapoos" are adorable.
  9. I don’t mind people showing me photos of 3-week old puppies.
  10. Puppies are as cute as babies.
  11. Homemade dessert is good.
  12. The 20-something at the table laughed when I told her I was going to trade in my SUV for an Audi convertible.
  13. Mr Wonderful laughed too. Not funny.
  14. Pinot Grigio is good.
  15. When showing certain breeds of dogs, you have to cut out their manes.
  16. I know nothing about showing dogs.
  17. Horses come in polka dots.
  18. More girls are innately drawn to become horse people than boys.
  19. There is such a thing as “barn cats.”
  20. I like kitties.
  21. Some people would rather leave the dinner party and play bridge.
  22. No Trump.
  23. Some people don’t have a clue as to what life would be like with a mortgage.
  24. Mortgages suck.
  25. You can fly to Lake Tahoe from Charlotte.
  26. It is wrong that some people are just natural athletes. Why was I not one of these people?
  27. Women with naturally curly hair and perfect skin should be sent away somewhere so the rest of us can relax and feel good about ourselves.
  28. The evening gets better with more Pinot.
  29. We love our friends.
  30. You can take a Tauck tour on a Tall Ship to the islands surrounding Italy.
  31. No one talked about health issues for more than 30 seconds. 
  32. Time for bed.