Wednesday, August 12, 2015

                     
                                                 WHAT I WANT ON MY TOMBSTONE

                                                          “Listen to your gut.”


    One of the things I have always told my youngest daughter when she was trying to make important decisions was, “Listen to your gut.” I tell her to consider all options, write them down with their consequences, weigh them carefully, walk around with it all for a few days, and then, “Listen to your gut.” If I had a gut like this, I would turn up the volume to “deafen,” and do whatever it said.














                                                          “Take Risks”

     My beloved father taught me early in life that every experience is valuable and helps you grow. If you don’t take a risk, you will never have a chance to experience the positive results it can bring. People have asked me why I constantly put myself out there. I say, “What have I got to lose? It’s all part of bleeding on the pages of life, licking your wounds and growing stronger and wiser.” The majority of risks I have taken in my life have proven that pushing myself through the fear is an exhilarating experience. That is not to say I would do would the guy above is about to do. I don’t like getting my hair wet.

    More words of wisdom to follow. Stay tuned.