Wednesday, September 16, 2015

     One of my personal joys in being on face book is watching my former students’ lives unfold. I get to see their wedding photos, smile at their adorable children and celebrate their career paths. 

     When I got home today, there was a post card from Versailles waiting for me. One of my very favorite students who later was like a daughter to me sent me a post card from her home outside of Paris. She married a Frenchman and has a darling little baby. She mentioned that she follows “my adventures” on my blog and on face book. 


     Twenty years ago, my hand would have been paralyzed writing letters to all of these people who I know would never have returned the favor. Despite the downside of social media, my daily brief glimpse into the lives of students who touched my life through the years brightens my day.