Saturday, October 17, 2015

     Sometimes I feel bad that so few people choose to read my blog on a particular day. Some posts draw hundreds; others draw 6. But then I got to thinking. What if out of the six people who read my silly one-paragraph post someone found a laugh that they desperately needed? What if someone just had a major blow-up with a spouse, and that little giggle gave them the energy they needed to get by the worst of their crisis. What if someone reading it had been seriously depressed for several days, and somewhere in the back of that person’s mind, something clicked, and the person found himself laughing? Maybe that’s what he needed to break the dam of anger or frustration and take the first step needed to get through his day? 


     We never know what burdens people are carrying around, and we certainly don’t have a clue as to what experiences they may have had that connected to a simple thought we
shared. I will never know if my silly connected with someone’s sensitivity, but I do know that every so often, a total stranger will say something funny or give me a random compliment or do something hilarious without realizing it, and I snap out of whatever snit I was in. Maybe it’s all karma, but I choose to believe there could be a reason.