Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I don’t care what the Donald does
I don’t care what Ben Carson was
I don’t want to look at terror alerts
so much bad news, my stomach hurts.

They say don’t read the news each day
They say it will change the way you pray
It’s holiday time, time to think
about what matters, what to drink.

People party, carols echo
take the time to watch a gecko
wrap your presents, make your lists
but don’t forget to wield a kiss.

This is time to love and say
“You have surely made my day!”
Reach out and touch a life or more
Who knows tomorrow what’s in store?

I’m counting blessings, not my bills
they’ll get paid, perhaps with chills
all that matters is loved ones dear
I wish that mine weren’t far, but near.

It’s been a year of ups and downs
the ups won out, yup, all around
in this season, I pray for peace
may hate and sorrow quickly cease.

Happy Holidays, one and all
I hope you’ll laugh and have a ball!

LAUGHTER IS CONTAGIOUS; SPREAD THE VIRUS!