Saturday, December 19, 2015



                To say I was surprised is a total understatement! I had just hung up the phone from talking to my precious daughter, Katey, who lives in Arizona with our four grand-daughters, and the doorbell rang. Mr. Wonderful went to the door and called me downstairs from my woman cave. I hesitated, as no one rings our doorbell at 9:00 at night, and I was sans make-up dressed in my snuggie. I reluctantly ambled down the stairs wondering if maybe the UPS guy had left a special gift for me or something. Well, guess what? The special gift was this crazy "kid" who arrived in a box. Yes, a box.

                I went to the door and peaked around the corner of the porch to see a large box sitting there with the top slightly ajar. I didn't even notice Mr. Wonderful standing to the side with a huge grin on his face. I stepped backwards into the house afraid that there was an animal or something, and out she popped. Screams were heard throughout the neighborhood, I'm sure. It is amazing that the police didn't show up. The video is on my facebook page. Oh, my, Virginia, there really IS a Santa Claus.

                 Lucky me. I love her so much! Who drives through 6 states in 36 hours to surprise her maman? Katey, that's who. Thank you, Lord, for my beautiful daughters who show me their love in countless ways, but who both have surprised me in one year. 2015 will never be forgotten!