Thursday, January 7, 2016

     So I’ve been reading books about how to blog. It’s a little late for me, as I’ve now checked off almost 700 blogs in less than three years. You do the math; I’m an artist. Anyway, the good news is that it takes courage and discipline to write a blog. The bad news is that I’ve been doing it all wrong. The good news is that those of you who have been loyally following my folly have hung in there with me, I assume, enjoying most of what you’ve read. For those thousands who have yet to be enlightened, don’t give up on me, baby, I’m a quick study.

     The number one rule of a personal blog is: it’s not about me. Oops. The number one rule continues: it’s about them. What do they like? What do they read? Where do they shop? What do they need? (See, I break out into poetry sans effort). So from this day forward, I will follow the blogging rules to see if my hits increase. If not, screw it. I will go back and just perseverate about my latest domestic quarrel or the latest “I can’t believe it” story. Now I realize that my stories and reflections can give my readers thoughts to ponder or validation, both of which are soup for the soul. So I haven’t failed completely, but I am going to throw this morning’s muse out there with the blog rules in tow.  Here goes:

(catchy title) HIGH CHOLESTEROL KEEPS YOU HORNY AND SHARP

(I now have your attention, right?)

                       (Hook ‘em with the sterling sub-title)

YUP. It’s true. A new study says that high cholesterol keeps your brain sharp and your libido polished. So watch out for statins; they will improve your cholesterol and make you stupid and sexless.

                         (Give them facts that relate to their lives)


A recent study has proven that if you take cholesterol-reducing drugs like an incredibly high percentage of people do in this country, you have an increased risk of dementia and Alzheimers, and you will not want to make whoopee. This is a serious consequence to eating bacon. 

                          (Break up the text with a photo - Generations Y and I will chew off an arm before reading a paragraph of text)

                                                           (INSERT PHOTO)  




                                       (Bring it home with a question that asks for action)

            Remember romantic night last week? Do you want to give that up? Remember  that new restaurant where you can dine by candlelight with your sweetheart while you whisper sweet nothings into her curls? Well, those days will be gone if you take statins (cholesterol-lowering drugs). Besides, if you take them, you won’t remember why you wanted to go to the restaurant to begin with. So what will you do about this?


                          (Offer solutions)

  1. Bring home the bacon
  2. ???? 

(Post riveting teaser to reign in the reader—see Facebook post)

(Ask reader to follow your blog)


             Follow follow me. Follow me wherever I may go. (Imagine musical notes dancing.)