Wednesday, February 17, 2016

      Who laughs from the gut at 1:48 a.m.? Me. Who makes me laugh at 1:48 a.m.? Better hope it’s Mr. Wonderful or there won’t be much laughter around the homestead. Yup, it’s him. He was fighting the “GD sheets” war at the hotel. It appears that the maid changed the bed but put double bed sheets on the already minuscule queen bed. Now the Queen in the
queen bed had no problem, as her height did not cause her to kick off the covers at the bottom of the structure or have her feet get caught in them causing them to flip off onto the floor. Mr. W. was not quite so lucky. When the light went on at that ungodly hour, I opened my eyes to see those of Mr.W’s staring directly into them. I was so stunned that I immediately went into a fit of uncontrollable giggles. Once I heard the account of why Mr. W. was awake, the laughter subsided, at least temporarily. “WTF?” he gasped. “What are all these covers anyway? One looks like a mattress pad and the other one is upside down.” His face was all scrunched up. I lost it. Holding my gut and trying to keep my guffaws from waking the neighbors, I said, “You know what? You’re right. This one is the bedspread, and that really does look like a mattress pad.” I gently suggested he pull the cover sheet up and just lie on that. That wasn’t a good idea. He grabbed the blanket and left the room to go sleep on the sofa in the other room. 


     Now due to the intermittent snorts and snores of said love, I couldn’t bring myself to offer to sleep there in his place. I woke up feeling very guilty at 6:20 a.m. I will make it up to him. I will let him take a nap at the beach today.