Tuesday, March 22, 2016

     








    I wrote a great blog this morning. After I finished it, I thought to myself, “Wow, I got that done early and practiced my piano. Yay, me. Now I can go back to bed.” Except when I tried to find it after writing it, I could not. It disappeared. How can it be here one minute and gone the next? wtf. Did I title it? Of course not. Do I remember the first sentence? Are you kidding me? All that profound wisdom and wit—down the tubes. thit.

    I made a list a few years back of everything I paid for when we built and decorated this house. Now that the new buyers want to buy most of our furniture, do you think I can find the effen list? Of course not. I just saw it the other day when I was cleaning out my files. No, I’m sure I didn’t throw it away; it’s evidence of what I paid for in case there is any question of who bought what? Not that this should matter, but sometimes it does, at least when he wants to buy yet another sports car, and I would like a new grand piano. Hmm. 

     The reason we want the list is to know how to price the furniture we are selling the buyers. Most of it is almost new, and the items that aren’t have been barely used. No, we don’t stand up most of the time, but we take extremely good care of our things.


     Pisses me off when I can’t find things. Do you find that if you’ve misplaced something and look for it for a long time, you don’t find what you’re looking for, but you find three other things you’ve been looking for for years? So weird.