Friday, April 15, 2016

     In keeping with my discussion of the six major emotions: anger, fear, surprise, joy, disgust and sadness, today I choose surprise. Surprises can be positive or negative, and the impact of them can also evoke surprising results. When I awoke for who-knows-what reason at 2:11 a.m., I thought to myself, “How on earth am I going to entertain myself through this morning?” As is my habit, no matter what time I awaken, I eat my favorite breakfast. Surprise: breakfast is good at 2:00 a.m. Last night, at dinner with friends, we were talking about the Jackie Robinson TV documentary that we had missed. SURPRISE:  at 2:12 a.m. I began watching the Jackie Robinson documentary which was being re-aired. As I sat and watched this two-hour program with incredible footage of this legendary hero’s life, I asked myself “Just how far have we come?” Who are today’s heros? What cause would you be willing to march for? to turn your other cheek for? to die for? Have we made any progress since Jackie hit his first home run?
Check out this documentary; it’s an eye-opener.

       





















Fifty-two years ago, Lyndon Johnson passed the law that was to prevent discrimination based on color. That was the color black. Looks like we’ve ignored that and added several others.