Monday, August 8, 2016

      In whose footsteps do you want to walk? Who do you want to walk in yours? Now there’s two questions for those of you who have nothing else to do with your time. 

     Have I ever thought about this before. Nope. Do I want to think about it now. Yup. 

     Without seriously considering the question, here are some answers just off the top of my head. In the next 48, I will consider the questions seriously, and see if my first answers match the second group.

      Whose steps would I want to walk in? As I consider my first answers, I realize that a definition of “walking in someone’s footsteps” is in order. I choose to define this as someone who has made a positive difference in the lives of many, who’s motives are/were unselfish and who never bragged about it. The last part limits the choices, but being proud and
sharing that pride is different than bragging i.e. “Look at me, aren’t I great?”
Whose footsteps:

  1. Oprah
  2. Mother Theresa
  3. The Dalai Lama
  4. Helen Keller
  5. FDR
  6. Abe Lincoln
  7. my grandmothers
  8. Josephine Baker
  9. Frédéric Chopin
  10. Brené Brown
  11. Elizabeth Gilbert
  12. Erma Bombeck


To walk in mine:

  1. my daughters
  2. my students
  3. my fellow aspiring performers
  4. my grandchildren
  5. single moms


     Now that I look at my initial lists, certain qualities jump out at me. Can you guess which ones the first list reveals?


     Check back tomorrow, and see if your list agrees with mine.