Wednesday, August 24, 2016

     In two and a half years, I can proudly say that I have had over 53,000 page views on my blog. Now you can do the math, and it probably isn’t brag-worthy, but nonetheless, I am proud that what I have written has been read. Most of my followers are from countries I can’t pronounce, but they seem to be enjoying my feckless rhetoric, and I am grateful.

     When I began blogging, I wasn’t even sure what a blog was. My intent was to record my funny. Initially, all my posts were intended to be humorous. As none of the late night TV producers has called, I guess it didn’t meet “monologue” mastery. That’s ok. I don’t look that great close up. (Really far away, I’m dy-NO-mite). 

     As the months have passed, some of my angst and rage has crept into my prose, and the humor is only in readers relating to any of it. Most of my friends don’t read my blog; they can’t be bothered, and that’s all right. Maybe they’re afraid they are in the early morning posts. If they were, I certainly did my very best to disguise the context, and, of course, I would never use anyone’s name. Only “slapper,” “asshole” and “lunatic” know who they are.

     Mr. Wonderful still loves me after all the “humorous” things I’ve said about him. I must admit there was a minuscule amount of literary hyperbole in my wifely whines and witticisms. 

     Of late, I have wandered into some more serious subject matter, and if I can base my readers’ responses on the number of page views, then some seem to relate and connect. I cannot receive comments on my blog unless you are a Google+ subscriber. I have no idea what that is or how to do it. I’m still stuck on how to update my Adobe flash player.

     So what’s my point? I’m not sure I have one. That’s why the title of my third book, “B.O.O.B. Job” is so appropriate. Best Of Outrageous Blogs just fits, n’est-ce pas?