Wednesday, November 9, 2016

     
     I could not sleep. At 3:30 a.m. I got up to see what happened after I went to bed exhausted from clenching my teeth and wiping my brow. How can one not talk about the results? How can I hold my head up high as a woman with a role model that will set my country back centuries? I am mortified that such a person could be the Commander-in-Chief of our wonderful country. Where did all the hatred, racism, closed-mindedness come from? Well, here’s anti-establishment at its best. I fear for women, for minorities, for world peace, for the anti-bullying movement which has taken young lives by the hundreds, for a vulgar, insensitive, rude rhetoric that has become the new norm. Is this my country?

     I don't begrudge losing; I embrace resilience. Maybe this is a call to action for those who sit by silently and do nothing. Maybe it's a personal call to action. Maybe it's a wake up call for me. What will I do?