Monday, January 9, 2017

I Never Thought I Would Live in a World Where:

-the President is up in the middle of the night tweeting.

-people are shot randomly retrieving their luggage at an airport.

-people still one-up others in their 70s.

-the glaciers are melting, and sink holes are increasing in number.

-hatred is “in.”

-the “f” word is not considered beep-worthy.

-ten-year-olds are wearing bras.

-70-somethings are going braless.

-newspapers are shrinking in size, and technology is replacing human communication.

-greed is “in.”

-you can hate women and degrade minorities and still be President of the most powerful country in the world.

-white men are on their way out.

-women have reached the glass ceiling; but they still can’t seem to break it.

-parents need handbooks to control their teen-agers cyber life.

-teen suicides are on the rise.

-one or more of my daughters thinks I’m cool.

-Mr. Wonderful recognizes that I’m the “Queen.”

-I could be a star for the first time in my life at the age of 73.

-I would live in a cookie-cutter home:(

-my friends are like family.

-I pray daily for friends with serious illnesses. 

-I can still touch my toes (albeit ridden with corns from my stilettos).

-You can get shot at a mall.

-People can carry guns into schools and restaurants.

-There are as many dogs as people in restaurants and grocery stores.

-People still discriminate in the 21st century.

-Manners are passé.

-Interrupting and talking-over are the norm.

-Narcissism is “in.”

-Most people cannot pronounce or spell the word “narcissist.”

-Handwriting and spelling are passé.

-People are judged by the number and size of their devices.

-My teen-age grandsons watch “I Love Lucy” reruns.

-Money still speaks power.

-“Fat” is a bad word.

-Respect is the exception, not the rule.

-“Refined” is a foreign concept. 

-Pet resorts are the norm.

-People take their pets everywhere. Some even walk them in baby carriages.

-A teen taking a date to the movies costs over $30.

-A terrorist event only shocks by the number of people killed.




And the list goes on.