Thursday, February 23, 2017

     I am married to “one in a minion.” Yup, “ONE in a minion.” I received this little key fob in a gift I purchased, and Mr. Wonderful and I have been using it for a week to show our love for one another. I started by putting it on the toilet paper roll in his bathroom. The next thing I knew it was in one of my shoes. Then it was around his toothbrush and then it showed up in my desk. It’s hilarious the games you can play and how silly love can be. So simple, but so necessary to chuckle throughout the day when there’s  not a lot to chuckle about  in the world these days.

     When did we adults stop being silly? I never stopped. It’s in my DNA. Mr. Wonderful tends to be a pretty serious guy, so it gives me great joy to bring out his silly. Are you silly? Do you like silly? I only like it when I think it’s funny. I never tolerated silly much as a parent; I just endured it. As a teacher, silly was my norm. Without silly, I would have been a bore. 

     When we can allow ourselves some silly, it makes us  chuckle, and if we’re very lucky, it can make us laugh. Laughter heals. Laughter caresses the worry, lowers the anxiety and reframes the negative. We need laughter. We need silly. Go out today and spread the silly. See how you feel at the end of the day.

     Remember my original:  Laughter is contagious. Spread the virus.