Thursday, March 16, 2017



   


     I was blessed with daughters. Thank you, God. Thank you, Steve. I cannot believe that all those years ago, those two sweet little faces would turn out to be two beautiful young women who rock their worlds and make mine worth living.

     One has three sons. One has four daughters. As a mom whose identity has been focused on what she's accomplished, I am proud to say these two base their pride on who they are, not what they've done.

     They are kind, caring, selfless, compassionate, generous, loyal and fun. They are very different from one another, but they love each other. They love unconditionally; they give with no strings attached.

     If this is bragging, then I am guilty. I would rather frame it as celebrating two people who add beauty and love to this world. I don't pretend to claim credit for all the good unless perhaps it was in rebellion against what I may have said or done. I do claim credit for nurturing the part of each of them that listens, reflects, listens to their gut and isn't afraid to risk.

     My dream may come true this Mother's Day as we plan a mother/daughter trip to a sunny beach resort. If it takes place, I will be so thrilled. If it doesn't, for some reason, I am thrilled that they thought of it. I love you, girls. Stay tuned.